Last updated: July 2022
We at Plaiview Ltd. (“Plaiview“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our users. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you use our mobile application (“App“). This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service, available at plaiview.com/terms-of-service (“Terms“). “You” means an individual using the App.
“Personal Data” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data we collect when we provide the App to you.
- Personal Data We Collect
- In order to use our App, you will be required to register through your Google Account and provide us with certain Personal Data, such as a username and email address.
- We also collect Personal Data when you use the App, request information from us, provide us with feedback, or contact us for any other reason. As log-in is conducted through, a third-party login service, we may also receive Personal Data about you as provided by such third-party login service, such as your name, email address and profile picture, if applicable.
- In addition, when you use the App, we may gather certain information automatically about your mobile device, such as your operating system, your IP address, device ID, and subject to your consent as may be required under applicable law, (geo) location, as well as any other information regarding your use of our App.
- You are under no legal obligation to provide us with any such Personal Data. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such information, we may not be able to register you to the App and/or provide you with the services or part thereof.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- General. We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers use the Personal Data we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the App; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests and contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and the services available through the App; (4) to review the usage and operations of our App; (5) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (6) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our App, and address any problems with the App; and (7) to provide customer support.
- Statistical Information and Analytics. We and/or our service providers use analytics tools to collect and analyze information about the use of the App, such as how often users access the App and what pages they visit when they do so. By analyzing the information we receive, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users. This helps us improve our App by allowing us to identify new trends and user needs, which in turn allows us to consider new products and services or tailor existing products and services accordingly.
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect. We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
- Service Providers and Subcontractors. We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the App; and (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our App;
Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with IT and system administration services, data backup, security, and storage services, and data analysis.
- International Transfers. By accepting this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge and agree that we may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and may send them information we receive (including Personal Data).
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation). In such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your Personal Data with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party’s rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice); (ii) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation; or (iii) when required by subpoena, court order or the order of another governmental or law enforcement authority.
- Legal Uses. We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law, for example, to comply with audit and other legal requirements.
- Other Uses or Transfer of Your Personal Data. If you use our App with or through a third-party service and/or mobile application, we may receive information (including Personal Data) about you from those third parties. Please note that when you use third parties outside of our App, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
- Security. We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to and collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you may request to see any Personal Data you have provided to us and request that such Personal Data be corrected or updated by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Data Retention
- Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes.
- In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
- What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user’s device. The device provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this user returns.
- A “session cookie” is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the App.
- A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device until you delete it.
- First-party cookies are placed by us, while third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- We may use the terms “cookies” to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above, such as web beacons or “pixel tags”.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. However, the cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories:
Type of Cookie
Why We Use These Cookies
These cookies are necessary in order to allow the App to work correctly. They enable you to access the App, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.
These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.
These cookies can help us identify and prevent security risks. They may be used to store your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your login information.
These cookies can help us collect information to help us understand how you use our App, for example whether you have viewed messages or specific pages and how long you spent on each page. This helps us improve the performance of our App.
- How to Adjust Your Preferences. Most Web browsers and mobile devices are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser and/or device either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time.
8. Third-Party Applications and Services. All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party’s terms and privacy policies.
9. Communications. We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
10. Children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of eighteen (18) has registered and account without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
11. Deleting Personal Data. You are able to delete your account permanently. If you choose to delete your account, your user details, friends list, and game highlights are permanantly deleted from Plaiview’s servers. In order to delete your account, you will need to login to your Plaiview’s account, go to Setting, select Manage Account, and then select Delete Account.
12. Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our App or via email.
13. Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.